\xe2\x80\xaaIn an address to a joint session of Congress on September 8th, President Obama presented a clear plan to create jobs now and grow our economy. On Monday, September 12th, President Obama sent Congress the legislative text of the American Jobs Act.
The President's legislation offers a clear path forward to help small businesses succeed and hire, provide tax relief for our workers, rebuild America, provide aid to those who lost their jobs through no fault of their own, and put our police officers, firefighters, teachers and veterans to work. The legislation is fully paid for and fits squarely with Democrats' back-to-basics, ABCs plan to create jobs: Make It In America, build America, and community recovery.
With more than 250 days in the majority and no jobs agenda, it is now time for the House Republican leadership to change course and pass this bill. Leader Pelosi has called on Speaker Boehner and Democratic Ranking Members to urge committee Chairmen to schedule immediate hearings and action on the President's legislation.
- Leader Pelosi's statement on the American Jobs Act»
- Highlights (.pdf)»
- Fact Sheet and Overview»
- Section-by-section analysis of the American Jobs Act of 2011»
- Legislative text of the American Jobs Act of 2011»
- The President's Address to Congress featuring graphs, charts and other facts»
- State and local officials on the American Jobs Act»
See how the American Jobs Act will impact your state: