The Budget Conference Report mirrors President Obama's budget blueprint, which lays the foundation for lasting prosperity and economic growth.
The Budget Conference Report:
- Cuts the deficit by nearly two-thirds by 2013.
- Cuts taxes for middle income families by more than $1.7 trillion.
- Creates jobs with investments and reforms in health care, clean energy, and education.
- Reduces non-defense discretionary spending as a percent of the economy over the next five years, and - in FY 2010 - by nearly 2 percent below the President's budget blueprint.
Passage of this budget conference report is essential to getting the economy moving again.
We can't afford to wait. Failure to reform and invest produced eight years of the slowest job growth in three quarters of a century.
- House Democratic Budget: A New Direction (Speaker Pelosi)
- Facts about FY 2010 Budget (Speaker Pelosi)
- Restoring Fiscal Responsibility (Speaker Pelosi)
- Legislative Text (House Budget Committee)
- Joint Explanatory Statement (House Budget Committee)