The House budget mirrors President Obama's budget blueprint, which lays the foundation for lasting prosperity and economic growth.
The House budget:
- Cuts the deficit by nearly two-thirds by 2013.
- Cuts taxes for middle income families by $1.5 trillion.
- Creates jobs with investments and reforms in health care, clean energy, and education.
- Reduces non-defense discretionary spending to its lowest level as a percent of the economy in nearly half a century, and - in FY 2010 - by 1.5 percent below the President's budget blueprint.
We can't afford to wait. Failure to reform and invest produced eight years of the slowest job growth in three quarters of a century.
As President Obama told the House Democratic Caucus yesterday, passage of this budget is essential to getting the economy moving again.
Previous Budget Fact Checks:
- Keeping Our Promises
- No Comparison
- Restoring Fiscal Accountability
- A Responsible Way Forward
- Creating Jobs & Reinvesting in America's Economy
- Responsible Spending to Grow America's Economy
- Tax Cuts
- Small Business
- An Economic Blueprint for America (Speaker Pelosi)
- Restoring Fiscal Accountability (Speaker Pelosi)
- Top 10 Budget Highlights (Majority Leader Hoyer)
- Key Features of the Chairman's Mark (Budget Committee)