A new Diageo/Hotline poll summary released today shows the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has broad support among the American people.
From the poll:
- 66 percent of those surveyed support the economic recovery package after they are given details about the package
- 57 percent are confident the money allocated in the package “will be spent and managed wisely”
- 65 percent are confident the economic recovery package “will be effective in turning around the economy”
Tomorrow, the House will vote on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, working from priorities shared with President Barack Obama.
A staggering 2.6 million American jobs were lost in the last year of the Bush Administration -- the culmination of a failed economic approach -- one that also doubled our national debt in eight short years. We need a New Direction.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act will:
- create and save 3 to 4 million jobs, rebuilding America, making us more globally competitive and energy independent, and transforming our economy for long-term growth.
- give 95 percent of Americans an immediate tax cut.
- invest quickly into the economy
The Recovery Plan has unprecedented accountability measures built in--providing strong oversight, an historic degree of public transparency, and including no earmarks.