Arizona Republic - State to get energy funds from stimulus
More stimulus money is headed for Arizona for energy projects aimed at creating jobs.
The Obama administration said Thursday it would send $63.81 million to the state and its counties, cities and Native American communities.
The money is part of a $3.2 billion program intended to pay for energy-efficiency and conservation projects across the country… [3/27/09]
Newsday - NJ is first to get fed unemployment funds
New Jersey has become the first state to qualify for federal funds to shore up its unemployment benefits.
U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis announced Friday that New Jersey will receive nearly $207 million in federal stimulus money… [3/27/09]
Tulsa World (Oklahoma) - State's community health centers to get $3.2 million from stimulus for services
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Friday announced the release of $3.2 million to expand services at community health centers in Oklahoma.
The money was made available by the economic stimulus package passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama…
HHS estimated the funds will provide care to an additional 30,136 patients in Oklahoma over the next two years… [3/27/09]
USA TODAY - Duncan vows to deliver S.C. school funds
Education Secretary Arne Duncan plans to send South Carolina's public schools as much as $700 million in federal stimulus cash, despite the objections of Mark Sanford, its Republican governor.
'Let me be clear: We are going to take care of children in South Carolina,' Duncan said Thursday in a Newsmaker session with USA TODAY… [3/27/09]
Times Argus (Vermont) - Douglas pushes stimulus funds for technology and broadband
Gov. James Douglas unveiled an economic development plan Thursday that relies on federal stimulus money to spur new commercial growth in the technology sector and fund a landmark expansion of the state's broadband infrastructure.
In a vision Douglas calls 'SmartVermont,' every home and office in every nook and corner of the state has access to high-speed Internet. The infrastructure improvements will feed a surfeit of new software and technology businesses, Douglas said. The private-sector growth, according to Douglas, will be aided by an infusion of federal recovery money into loan and grant funds aimed at propelling promising firms… [3/26/09]
Morris Daily Herald (Illinois) - Halvorson announces stimulus funding for local veterans
Local veterans homes and the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery will be allocated $11,019,000 in economic recovery funds from the stimulus bill for construction, repairs, and equipment… [3/26/09]
- Cleveland Plain Dealer (OH) - Ohio to get $84 million more for energy efficiency, conservation projects
- Longmont Times-Call (CO) - Local governments to get federal energy improvements grants
- WYTV Channel 33 (PA) - Seniors and Disabled to Get $250 Stimulus
- Virginian-Pilot (VA) - Hampton Roads to get $13.4 million for energy conservation
- Hartford Courant (CT) - Amtrak To Put $130 Million Into Work On Connecticut Bridges
- Las Cruces Sun-News (NM) - Las Cruces, Doña Ana to get stimulus funds marked for clean, efficient energy
- Jackson Citizen Patriot (MI) - Jackson County gets $687,000 in stimulus dollars to reduce energy use
- News 10 Now (NY) - VA hospital receives funding
- Effingham Herald (GA) - SSI recipients to get a little extra in May
- Medina Gazette (OH) - Medina County to get nearly $6 million for road, transit projects
- Portland Daily Sun (ME) - Portland nets $684,700 in energy block grants
- El Paso Times (TX) - Retirees, veterans will get $250 in stimulus cash
- Roswell Daily Record (NM) - City to receive federal funds
- Columbus Dispatch (OH) - Stimulus roadwork selected
- Norwich Evening Sun (NY) - Norwich Housing Authority receives $185,367 as part of Recovery Bill
- Canton Repository (OH) - Stark, Canton to get $3.6 million in stimulus energy efficiency grants
- Caribbean Business (PR) - PR to receive additional federal funds for energy conservation purposes