The Denver Channel, ABC 7 (Colorado) - Stimulus Dollars Creating Construction Jobs
Stimulus dollars for Colorado road projects are now translating to jobs.
The Colorado Department of Transportation has awarded five contracts for $14 million of work. It's just the tip of the iceberg.
The state is expected to get $400 million for road projects and another $100 million for transit… [4/7/09]
Jacksonville News (Alabama) - City schools to get $976,000 in stimulus funds
Schools leaders in Calhoun and surrounding counties are planning how they'll spend $18 million in stimulus funds, vital money to help save teaching jobs, restore critical programs and fund supplies.
“This is like having a rich, unknown uncle to send you a big inheritance,” said Jacksonville Superintendent Eric Mackey. “(For) one time you have more money than you ever had before to really do something.”… [4/8/09]
Southtown Star (Illinois) - Stimulus cash to pave Southland streets
The $9 billion state capital bill signed into law last week contains tens of millions of dollars for repaving local streets this spring.
Supporters say the bill, which is only a prelude to a much larger capital plan that lawmakers have been seeking to pass for years, will create an estimated 60,000 jobs. The bill's price tag includes $3 billion from the state and $6 billion in federal stimulus money… [4/8/09]
KSBW Channel 8 (California) - $4.7M Given Locally For Energy Projects
Local energy projects have received $4.7 million in funds from the new federal recovery act.
The funds will be dispersed to three cities and one county on the Central Coast, Rep. San Farr said Wednesday… [4/7/09]
New York Times - Recession Stalls State-Financed Pre-Kindergarten, but Federal Money May Help
…Mr. Obama promised during the campaign to make large new investments in early childhood education, and in the economic stimulus package, Congress appropriated more than $4 billion for Head Start and Early Head Start programs and for grants to states to support child care for low-income families… [4/8/09]
- Greenville News (SC) - Clyburn tells lawmakers to use stimulus
- AP (WA) - Hanford Gets First Stimulus Money
- WTVD Channel 11 (NC) - Economic stimulus for new runway lights
- Roseville Press-Tribune (CA) - Economic stimulus package means cash for you
- South Hill Enterprise (VA) - County stimulus funding totals outlined
- Spring Hope Enterprise (NC) - Stimulus to save Nash ‘trillions,' Etheridge says
- Delmarvanow.com (DE) - Health centers get nearly $1M to expand services
- Nelson County Times (VA) - Stimulus to benefit bridges
- The Day (CT) - Courtney Tours Stimulus Recipients
- El Vocero (PR) En Español - [Government] Will Invest $174.5 million for Improvements to Public Housing