Reuters - U.S. stimulus to save 3.5 million jobs by end 2010: official
The Obama administration's fiscal stimulus plan will meet previous estimates to save 3.5 million U.S. jobs by the end of 2010, but the unemployment rate at that time may be higher due to further deterioration in the economy, a senior administration official said on Monday…[5/11/09]
Chillicothe Gazette (Ohio) - Programs give locals tools to pursue jobs
Ross County Job and Family Services is hoping two new programs funded with stimulus money can help put locals to work.
The two new initiatives, funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, will target youth seeking summer help and adults and dislocated workers seeking new job skills… [5/12/09]
Great Falls Tribune (Montana) - Great Falls schools to get $6.6 million in stimulus funds
The Great Falls Public School District is expected to receive $6.6 million in federal money over the next two years for special projects.
This may mean the district will reinstate its summer school program, add the counselors who are needed at the elementary schools to meet accreditation standards, and add more instruction coaches as well as more professional development opportunities… [5/12/09]
Associated Press (Arizona) - US awards stimulus money to Ariz. forest work
The state has been awarded nearly $8 million in federal stimulus money for forest fuel cleanup and related biomass energy work… [5/11/09]
Indian Country Today (Washington) - $35.3 million ready to be spent
Some $31.4 million in federal stimulus money will be invested in water improvement projects in Alaska and Washington state Indian country.
Another $3.6 million will go to transportation improvement projects in Washington state, and another $351,849 will help two health clinics expand their services… [5/12/09]
Greeley Tribune (Colorado) - Stimulus funding to boost special ed, Title I programs
Students in special education programs and schools with high poverty rates look to gain the most from federal stimulus funding that's making its way into the 2009-2010 Greeley-Evans School District 6 budget… [5/12/09]
- WPTV Channel 5 (Florida) - Florida gets stimulus money for schools
- San Gabriel Valley Tribune (California) - Millions in stabilization money coming to San Gabriel Valley school districts
- Miami Herald (Florida) - Florida to receive $1.8 billion in stimulus funds
- East Mountain Telegraph (New Mexico) - Water Pipeline Gets Stimulus Funding
- Las Vegas Sun (Nevada) - Education stimulus funds for Nevada released
- Albany Times Union (New York) - Stimulus dollars will fund summer jobs in region
- Daily Times (New Mexico) - Local tribes get chunk of stimulus money
- KPLU 88.5 FM (Washington) - Stimulus Spending Increasing Unemployment Benefits