Reuters - Stimulus to states to give good bang for buck: SF Fed
The huge federal fiscal stimulus funds now heading to state governments seems likely to yield a strong bang for the buck, according to an economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco…
'The economic impact of this support for state governments is more likely to exceed than to fall short of forecasts,' Wilson said… [4/20/09]
New Bern Sun Journal (North Carolina) - Stimulus to Fund Thousands of New, Green Jobs
President Obama's economic recovery program could create or save 2.5 million green jobs designing, building and maintaining renewable energy projects and increasing the energy efficiency of schools, homes and federal office buildings.
The work funded by the stimulus spending bill includes jobs in fields ranging from ironworking to window manufacturing, power distribution and alternative energy production… [4/20/09]
Yakima Herald (Washington) - Stimulus will drive job creation in I-82 construction zone
Jobs and better pavement.
The federal government's economic stimulus efforts are bringing both to a worn stretch of Interstate 82 between Grandview and Granger… [4/20/09]
Patriot Ledger (Massachusetts) - Unemployment fund gets federal stimulus boost
The state is receiving $54.2 million in federal stimulus money to boost its $900 million unemployment insurance fund, which could suffer if current economic projections don't hold up… [4/21/09]
Bluefield Daily Telegraph (West Virginia) - Region hopeful for more stimulus funds
The region still has a good chance of securing additional federal stimulus dollars, according to U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall, D-W.Va.
“The goals of course are to produce jobs and sustain development,” Rahall, who hosted a federal stimulus funding workshop Monday on the campus of Concord University, said. “This is going to be transparent. The taxpayers will be able to clearly see where the taxpayer dollars are going.”… [4/20/09]
Oneonta Daily Star (New York) - Stimulus funds aid programs
Chenango and Otsego counties will receive a total of more than $35,000 in stimulus funding for emergency food and shelter programs, Rep. Michael A. Arcuri, D-Utica, announced last week…
'As unemployment rates rise and hours are cut, this recovery funding will help local families and seniors hit the hardest by the economic downturn,' Arcuri said… [4/20/09]
- Lawrence Journal-World & News (Kansas) - Stimulus funding eases state budget crisis
- WREX Channel 13 (Illinois) - Ill. schools get $1.4 billion in federal stimulus
- WZZM Channel 13 (Michigan) - Road construction to increase thanks to federal stimulus
- Gainesville Sun (Florida) - City plans for stimulus money
- Los Angeles Times - Education stimulus funds to aid Cal State, UC systems
- Kansas City Star (Missouri) - Green zone offers hope, jobs in troubled area
- CNET - Miami to tap stimulus for $200 million smart grid
- KIFI Channel 8/AP (Wyoming) - Stimulus to boost vaccinations, child care in Wyo.
- Quad City Times (Iowa) - Community Health Care gets $458K in stimulus money
- Reporter Herald (Colorado) - Stimulus funds to be used for Big Thompson Project pipes
- Asbury Park Press (New Jersey) - School district to get $6.1M
- The Elkhart Truth (Indiana) - Wastewater projects will get $4M in fed funding
- Columbus Daily Dispatch (Ohio) - Stimulus projects not hard to spot
- Las Cruces Sun News (New Mexico) - Stimulus money flows to Doña Ana County levees
- Lebanon Daily News (Pennsylvania) - County to receive $33,628 in stimulus funds