Third-Ranking House Republican Won’t Say If He Supports Impeachment
On Fox News with Chris Wallace yesterday, House Republican Whip-elect Steve Scalise was asked four times whether President Obama should be impeached. He refused to answer each time. It wasn’t pretty. Just take a look at his ridiculous pivots.
Scalise isn’t alone. Several Tea Party House Republicans have gone on the record outrageously calling for the impeachment of the President:
- “President Obama is begging to be impeached.” –Rep. Stockman
- “…the president has committed impeachable offenses…impeachment is important…” Rep. Michelle Bachmann
- “…we need to bring impeachment hearings immediately before the House of Representatives,” –Rep. Steve King
- “…he leaves Congress no option [but to impeach him].” –Rep. Ted Yoho
- “[Impeachment of Obama] – a dream come true…” –Rep. Kerry Bentivolio
- “…I’ll give you a real frank answer about that, if we were to impeach the President tomorrow, you could…get the votes…to do it.” –Rep. Blake Farenthold
Boehner and Whip-elect Scalise need to be straightforward with the American people. Are House Republicans really going to waste taxpayer dollars and precious time impeaching the President instead of focusing on issues of importance to Americans and jumpstarting the middle class?