CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORP.
- 60 percent approve of how Democratic leaders in Congress are handling their jobs overall; while only 44 percent approve of how Republican leaders in Congress are handling their jobs overall
- 60 percent say Republicans are not doing enough to cooperate with President Obama
- 80 percent say passing an economic recovery plan is “critically important” or “important” to improving our economy (51 percent say it is “critically important”)
- Democrats hold a 17-point advantage on Congressional handling of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- 48 percent approve of the way Democrats in Congress are handling the bill; less than one-third - 31 percent - approve of the way Republicans in Congress are handling the economic recovery package