CNNMoney.com - Here comes your stimulus bonus
You're likely to see some more green in the next couple of weeks. Not only on the trees. Very possibly in your wallet, too.
President Obama has asked that all employers adjust their payroll systems by Wednesday so eligible workers can start receiving the new Making Work Pay tax credit through their paychecks. The credit, available for 2009 and 2010, was a part of the economic recovery package lawmakers passed in February… [3/31/09]
Newsday/AP - Bloomberg: Teachers' jobs saved by stimulus
Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the thousands of teaching jobs he threatened to cut are likely safe under the state budget approved in Albany this week.
The state's plan increases aid to public schools by about $1.1 billion, and gets rid of the governor's proposed $700 million education cut… [3/30/09]
Poughkeepsie Journal (New York) - Stimulus has cash for VA
The Hudson Valley Healthcare System Veterans Administration Hospital at Castle Point will receive $8.22 million for upgrades and renovations as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act… [3/31/09]
Oregon Daily Emerald - Stimulus dollars to fund infrastructure projects
For months, the phrase 'shovel ready' has surrounded the issue of federal stimulus money. Cities across the country have been preparing as many projects as they can to meet federal stipulations for infrastructure projects. Eugene announced Thursday that it will receive $5.4 million from federal stimulus money to fund three infrastructure projects and is expecting more money in the upcoming months… [3/31/09]
Longmont Times-Call Editorial (Colorado) - Stimulus money benefits science across the nation
Last week, Secretary of Energy Steven Chu announced the federal government will pump more than $1 billion into updating laboratory infrastructure and encouraging scientific research across the country…
That infusion of money will employ construction workers and keep scientists in laboratories. In addition to the obvious employment benefits of this economic stimulus money, future research at these laboratories and universities will no doubt benefit the nation. Perhaps discoveries made as a result of this money will lead to American energy independence… [3/31/09]
WCPO Channel 9 (Ohio) - OH Stimulus Dollars Already In Hand Tip of Iceberg
Ohio Governor Ted Strickland came to Cincinnati Monday bearing gifts of federal stimulus dollars for three key transportation projects.
However, he said the money allocated to date only represents a small fraction of the $8.3 billion the state will receive.
The Governor announced $23.3 million has been provided for infrastructure projects around The Banks on the Ohio Riverfront… [3/30/09]
- The Post and Courier (SC) - Good advice for the governor
- Muskogee Phoenix (OK) - Stimulus work set to start
- WSYR Channel 9 (NY) - Stimulus could restore some school jobs
- The Shamokin News-Item (PA) - Paycheck surprise Less federal tax deductions means more bring-home pay
- Quad City Times Editorial (IL) - Stimulus money in Q-C to have lasting impact
- NY1 (NY) - Stimulus Funds En Route To Ferry Terminal
- Chillicothe Gazette (OH) - Stimulus funds to aid local family physicians
- WSLS Channel 10 (VA) - Floyd and Ferrum clinics to receive economic stimulus money
- The Hour (CT) - $805,000 designated for city to help cut energy use
- The Hawkeye (IA) - Nearly $2M in housing funds coming to area
- Pantagraph (IL) - Twin Cities to receive energy efficiency grants
- Staten Island Advance (NY) - Staten Island gets big fed $$ for transportation projects
- Quad Cities Journal (IL) - Hare, Braley united in hunt for more rail money