In #GOPTaxScam, Ryan Attacks Middle Class ‘Loopholes’
At his town hall tonight, Speaker Ryan proudly said GOP Tax Scam will eliminate ‘loopholes’ – but turns out he’s just being snide about middle class tax deductions that benefit seniors, students, and hard-working American families.
While Republicans hand multi-trillion dollar tax giveaways to the wealthiest and corporations shipping jobs overseas in the House GOP Tax Scam, they are eliminating key benefits for middle class families, including:
- Dismantling the State and Local Tax Deduction
- Eliminating Student Loan Interest Deduction, Lifetime Learning Credits, and taxing grad-students’ tuition waivers
- Eliminating Medical Expense Deduction
- Imposing New Limit on Mortgage Interest Deduction
- Under the GOP Tax Scam, 36 million middle class families will pay more in taxes so that corporations and the richest few can reap all of the benefits in tax cuts. Corporations get to keep their loopholes – but Republicans are ransacking all the benefits available to middle class families.