Pence in Michigan, What You Should Know
Today, Vice President Pence is visiting Grand Rapids, Michigan, where he will undoubtedly try to tout the ‘success’ of the GOP Tax Scam for the Rich, while ignoring the real threats the GOP’s tax and health agenda poses to Michigan’s working families.
From health care to taxes to the economy, the Trump Administration continues to manipulate the truth. But the American people are no fools.
The Trump-Republican agenda has cruel consequences for hard-working families in Michigan:
- 4,110,300: People in Michigan who have pre-existing conditions currently protected by law that are jeopardized by the Trump Administration’s demand that the courts to strike down protections for pre-existing conditions.
- 536,800: People in Michigan that would have lost health coverage by 2026 under the GOP House-passed Trumpcare bill.
- 343,400: People in Michigan with Medicaid would have lost health coverage under Trumpcare.
- 65,286: Michigan workers would have lost their jobs by 2022 under Trumpcare.
- 8,000: Veterans in Michigan that would have lost their Medicaid coverage under Trumpcare.
- $597: More for premiums a 40-year-old in Michigan could pay for coverage in 2019 due to GOP’s ACA sabotage.
- $17,060: More for premiums people in Michigan could pay for coverage if they are pregnant under Trumpcare.
- $140,510: More for premiums people in Michigan could pay for coverage if they have metastatic cancer under Trumpcare.
- $5,313: More older people in Michigan would have to pay because Trumpcare would allow insurers to charge people over age 50 five times more.
Across the board, President Trump, Vice President Pence and the GOP Congress are giving the American people a raw deal. Families in Michigan and in every corner of the country deserve better. That’s why Democrats are fighting for the people.